Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

Hi Everybody,

Please find attached the bench draw for Batemans Bay Fly Shoot (500m).

Please check your entry and advise me of any errors with it........ Please let me know if you find any mistakes, omisions or other errors on the draw :)

57 entries for Saturday and 36 for Sunday..... should be a great weekend !!

Entries are still open, but no share requests will be taken from now on.... any late entries just go in the vacant spots that are left on the draw.

BB_June_2012_Bench_Draw.pdf

Re: Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

Hi mate just on the net in NZ hope all is going well for the shoot the bench draw looks great. The loan rifle is a 6.5x47 lapua and i will be shooting a 6BR Bat Maddco tack driver on the day.
 young Alex Dundas will be shooting my 6mmDasher on the day just to keep your info right

my HG will be a Stiller Python 300WSM with a 12-42 nightforce scope maddco barrel shooting 200gn Berger hybrids
LG is a 3lug BAT Maddco barrel , jewel trigger, nightforce NXS scope shooting 105gn Hybrid bergers

Alex dasher is a Stolle panda dual port with a 12-42 nightforce shooting 107 gn Blue heelers

The 6.5 x 47 is a Barnard S action with a counter sniper scope, ken Noye stock shooting 13ogn bergers kindly donated by Stuart and Annie from BRT.

Mate the entries are fantastic and it will be a great weekend for all.

Cheers and good shooting to all the competitors over the weekend
Les

Re: Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

David Dundas
Hi Anthony

Looks like a great turn up of shooters, must be the best for the NSW Fly comp to date. Well done.

Looks like the weather will be OK for both days as well.

Regards

David Dundas

Re: Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

Hi Les & Dave,

Cheers & Thanks.

Yeah, a great roll up.... & I believe the biggest yet for the NSW Fly.

Saturday at this stage looks like reasonable weather and 6-15 degrees..... sunday is predicted to blow a bit.... that always makes rimfire more interesting anyway !!

Nudging 40 entries now for the Rimfire also..... so it should be a big weekend.

Re: Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

David Dundas
Hi Les

Does the Dasher have a standard BR stock under 4 inches? - Alex will use a Seb Neo front rest which can accomodate upto 4 inches.

Thanks

Dave

Re: Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

Hi David,

Les is in either in NZ or on the way home, so he might not get a chance to reply.

I believe his dasher has a standard 3"  forend and will work great on the SEB Neo rest.

Re: Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

hi David yeh Anthony got it right it is standard forend so your NEO will be great for it. It is a real shooter one of my comp guns and to be frank it groups as well as any rifle i own so your son will have a ball.
cheers
just back from NZ tonight that is why i am on th net at 12:47am
Les

Re: Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

David Dundas
Thanks Les\Anthony

Alex is very keen and has been shooting his rimfire well of late so looking forward to it. Young Scott (12) shot a 5 shot group at 200 yards (rimfire) which will fits under a 5 cent piece at Silverdale earlier in the year so he too his looking forward to his first official Fly comp. Scott has spotted for me a number of times so he can spot for Alex in the centrefire so will make it a "real" juniors effort.

Could you tell me if the range is hard to find, I recall its south of the town and up in the hills but thats about it.

Thanks

David Dundas

Re: Bench Draw - Batemans Bay 23 June 2012

Hi David,

The range is easy to find.

Coming from the north.... go over the Batemans Bay Bridge and proceed south on the Princes Hwy (towards Moruya).  Approx 4 kms from town you will see the entrance to the Eurobodalla Botanic Gardens / Deep Creek Dam on your left.  About 100m past this there is a small forrestry sign S.S.A.A. Road on your right.  Turn in here and it is about 300 m in to the gate.

Any problems, call me on my mobile 0418 406698.

Good luck to all for the weekend.