Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

Hi Everybody,

Our next Fly shoot here in Batemans Bay is scheduled for the 23 & 24th June and will be a registered SOTY match and the NSW State Titles for 2012.  It will be 500m Centrefire on Saturday and 200m Rimfire on Sunday.

I have attached a flyer in PDF format with all the details.  Please print and give it out and or put it on the notice board at your local range for me.

Please email your nominations in to stateflyshoot@gmail.com and I will reply via email to confirm.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.... I am here to help where I can.

2012_State_Title_Fly.pdf

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

Hi mate i have sent my nomination in for your shoot.

I would like to put something up for discussion i think that when shooters nominate they should send $20.00 pre nom contribution and if shooters pull out for no valid reason then this $20 nom is forfitted to the club hosting the shoot. Or even better if shooter pay their noms upfront when they enter then they get a % discount this is done at queens prize shoots in Full Bore and works well.

I think that fly shooting is getting big enough now to realise that preparing your seat at the bench needs to be confirmed in part early on. That way serious entries will be done. After speaking with Groovesy after the Federal Cup some folks didn't turn up. This may in the future prevent new shooters from trying the sport.

cheers and good shooting Les

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

David Dundas
Hi Anthony

We have a rimfire Fly on next week here in Sydney so I will print and pass around. I expect we will have half a dozen shooters come down from Sydney for the Rimfire on the Sunday and one or two may even have a go at the Centrefire.
Just one question,  just working out which of the kids will share who's rifle etc and was wondering how many details you would run for the rimfire on the Sunday.  Was atleast two deatils last year, but for the life of me I can not remember.
I am waiting on a rifle from PESCO which will solve my problem with the sharing, but I am not holding my breath.

I was so impressed with the the event last year and Batemans Bay is such a beatiful part of the world the family are going to stay down there a few days this time.

Really looking forward to it.

David Dundas

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

Hi David,

Great to hear and I look forward to seeing you again.

I am planning 4 details for centrefire and 2 details for rimfire..... will extend the rimfire to 3 details if there are enough starters, but there will be at least 2 details.

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

Lindsay Horsfall
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

Dave Purcell
Mate,
Batemans Bay in winter is like Qld compared to the Central Tablelands.
Camping in the shed out of the wether, hot showers al good.
Just bring yourself your gun and your ammo and you will have a ball.

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

David Dundas
Hi Anthony

I asked around at the Silverdale range on Saturday and it looks liek we will have 9 shooters comming down for the rimfire Fly from Sydney. Everyone is really lookign forward to it and I hope to get one or two others along as well.

Regards

David Dundas

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

Hi David,

That's fantastic mate !!

I hope we can turn on the weather to please everyone !!

I look forward to the competition !!

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

john mc quire
       Hello Anthony      how many have nominated for the shoot so far
                         would it be possible to get a list of competetors  posted on the forum
                        and a list of what they will be shooting  --  LG  HG  RF ---
                           we are all looking forward to another great shoot
                               regards        john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

john mc quire
    Hello Anthony    just a question about the weather   --
                               has it ever snowed in the Batemans Bay  area
                         i see from the long range forcast that it could also rain on that weekend
                                catch up with you at the shoot
                            cheers  john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

Hi John,

Good to see you are optimistic about the weather :)

No it has not snowed in Batemans Bay in the 30 years I have been here...... we are too low in altitude and the air currents are moderated by the ocean.  It does snow on the mountains around us at times which can make it bloody cold if the wind comes from that direction....

Being the middle of winter, I would expect it to be cold in the morning and evening..... but usually the temperatures during the day are normally ok.. but then again, I am not from Townsville......

Re: Batemans Bay State Titles Fly Shoot June 2012 info

john mc quire
Hi Anthony   thanks for the reply
                      I am from Mackay  -- thats about the same distance south from Townsville  that you
                  are south of Sydney
                         and when the temp gets into single digits  i am cold
                    so if you see me all rugged up with blankets and rugs  -- take pity --
                         see you soon