Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

NSW State Title Fly Shoot
24th & 25th June 2017
Hosted by Batemans Bay SSAA range
200 Yard and 500 Metre Fly

Batemans Bay Branch of SSAA will be hosting the “NSW State FLY Titles” on the weekend of the 24th and 25th June 2017 at the Deep Creek Shooting Complex (41/2 klm. South of the Batemans Bay Bridge, turn right into SSAA road). This will be a registered match run according to the SSAA Rule Book and count toward Shooter Of The Year.

Saturday 24th will be Centrefire 500 Metre 5 target competition, 9am start with a practice / warmer target. There will be trophies and SSAA State medals for place getters, along with our much sought after Batemans Bay 500m Fly Patches on offer for the event.
Bench draw will available by 22nd June.

Sunday 25th will be Rimfire 200 yard, practice and sign in from 8am, competition to commence from 9-00am. Trophy to the winner and medals for places, best target and best group will be awarded along with our Batemans Bay 200 Rimfire Fly patches.

Nominations to be in by the 16th June.
Fees; 1 class = $50, 2 classes = $75-00 (ie LG&HG or LG & Rimfire),
all 3 classes= $100. Juniors $20 one class, $30 two classes & $40 three classes. Fees can be paid on arrival.
Bench numbers are limited so please nominate early to avoid disappointment.

Send nominations to: stateflyshoot@gmail.com Please include:
Name :
Calibre( if more than one class- what cal. for each class)
Class or classes you wish to shoot.
Details regarding sharing equipment (with whom and what), Junior or left hander
Contact number :
Contact e-mail :
Any other details you may have for the equipment list.
Camping, $5-00 night. Hot showers, toilets, cooking facilities & electricity provided.

Please note; Maximum calibre is less than 8mm

Practice & Flag setup available Friday, (gates will be open from 10.30am)

Canteen will be open all weekend including breakfast each morning. Lunch will also be available Friday.

Enquiries please email stateflyshoot@gmail.com or phone
Anthony Hall on 0418 406698, or Bryson Payne on (02) 44713135

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

john mc quire
Hello Anthony    you can add  John Lavaring and Myself  to your list of shooters   -- as usual we will be sharing gear  and will shoot both  Light gun and Heavy   -- will be good to catch up with all the crew again
               john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

Mate will be there for everything even bringing the air rifle for the night time if allowed to shoot

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

Hey John,

Great to hear.  Are you shooting Rimfire on Sunday as well ?

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

No worries Les, you are down for all classes.

Air Rifle is handy to loan to interstate visitors to shoot the 200 with :)

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

Stuart Pethy
HAHAHA

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

Man you can shoot Pethy open sights with a air rifle at 200yards you the man

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

john mc quire
Hello Anthony   yes we will be shooting the rim fire on Sunday  -  that makes the trip down worthwhile for me  --
      I do hope that your weather is kind to us
         catch up with you at the shoot
               john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

David Dundas
Hi Anthony

Looking forward to  the event again this year, you and your club do such a great job with this event so would not miss it for anything. I will forward info to the other Sydney Fly shooters to see if we can get a few more down there this year.

Will confirm the attendance via email.

Thanks

Dave Dundas

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

Hi David,

That is great, I look forward to your nominations and seeing you all at the Bay again.

It should be a great shoot.

Kind regards,

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

Great Numbers so far... still more than two weeks to go and I have 48 Individuals nominated for the shoot.  If you want to come and your name is not in the list below, please let me know ASAP.

Nominations so far are :

Anthony H
Les F
Cameron S
Steve B
Cheryl B
Ryan H
Bryson P
Lynne P
Fred B
Keith D
Sue D
Peter M
Russell Le
John Mc
John L
Peter C
Stella C
Bob C
Dave G
Jim L
Glen A
Tim P
David W
Ron O'
Denise O'
Jason C
John G
Robert B
Jack L
James S
Ed Mc
Lee Mc
Keegan Mc
Sean A
David Z
John H
Kathy D
David D
Bob W
Jodie T
Tony W
Robert E
Richard B
Paul K
Vince V
Peter M
Daniel T
Jessica T

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

Numbers Still Climbing....

I now have 53 Entries for Saturday and 37 for Sunday from a total of 51 Individuals.

Should be a great weekend.

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

David Dundas
Great Anthony,

I see about a dozen names from Sydney in there, that's about double that made the trip south last year. Good to see a few more of our Rimfire shooters going to have a crack at the 500m Fly this year, I am sure they will have lots of questions for you all.
Hope the weather is kind to us again this year,

Dave Dundas

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

ALMOST FULL - !!

I now have 59 Entries on Saturday (64 Maximum) and 43 Rimfire Entries (48 Maximum).

Should be a great shoot, if you want to come and haven't nominated...please let me know ASAP.

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

SATURDAY IS NOW 100% FULL !!

64 entries (Max) for Saturday and 44 Entries (48 Max) for Sunday.

I will continue to accept nominations up to the advertised close off date (16th June) and the latest two class entries received for Saturday will lose one class.....

After that it will be a waiting list situation.... there are normally one or two that pull out at the last minute.

Great to have so many people..... there are 59 Individual people nominated.

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

David Dundas
Great work Anthony

Its a credit to you and the club that you get so much interest year in year out.  Its a lot of work to put on such a big shoot but it sounds like its much appreaciated by all the shooters who keep coming back.

With those numbers, how many details you running each day? ie 3 details for Rimfire and 4 for Centrefire maybe.

Looking forward to it once again,

Dave Dundas

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

Hi David,

Should be a great weekend.  There will be four details for Saturday and three for Sunday.

We will have to look at more frames and using a couple more benches before next year I think, good problem to have.

There are now only two seats left for the Rimfire on Sunday.

Kind regards

Re: Batemans Bay Shoot - June 24-25th

John 23 Harris
Excited like a little kid at Xmas !
Can't wait for Friday !

Dispite being so excited I have been extremely unprepared and will be doing some load testing on the Friday and then will load for the Saturday  match in the hotel room