Batemans Bay Results

Hi,

What a fabulous weekend of Long Range Benchrest shooting..... the weather was perfect and the competition was a lot of fun. We had 50 Entries for the 500m on Saturday and ended up with 32 shooters for the 200 yard rimfire on Sunday..... a great roll  up.

 I have attached full results in both versions of excel ..... see the tabs down the bottom of the spread sheet for each class.
BBay_June_2014_Published_Results.xlsx   This is the latest version of excel
BBay_June_2014_Published_Results.xls   This is the office 97 version of excel

A big thank you to Peter van Meurs, Tony Souter & John Woollams for a great job of scoring and data entry over the weekend.

In Summary -
Light Gun was won by Barry Tucker with 263.03, 2nd place Tyson Trotter with 258.03 & Anthony Hall 3rd with 253.03, Best Target was Barry Tucker with 57.01 and the Small Group was a pending (confirmed) Australian Record by Peter Varley at 1.070"

Heavy Gun was won by Tyson Trotter with 272.01, with Dean Thrower taking second place with 263.04 and Chris Goulden 3rd with 227.02, best target was Dean Thrower with 58.03 and small group went to Tyson Trotter with 1.057"

200 Yard Rimfire was won by Barry Tucker with 260.04, Peter Varley 2nd with 256.05 and Cameron Starr 3rd with 254.02.  Best Target was John Lavaring with a 59 and Small Group was Glenn Seaman with a 1.331"

Two Gun for the weekend went to Barry Tucker with 523.07 with Anthony Hall second with 494.06 and Les Fraser 3rd for the weekend with 481.06.

Well done to all of the above.

Re: Batemans Bay Results

Michael Bell
Administrator
Wow!!  Some big, big scores & some small, small groups shot at the Bay.......

Very well done to Tyson, in the heavy, who has been shooting brilliantly  but also to Dean Thrower who hasn't shot in many matches that I know of & comes up with a 263.04....really fantastic! Well done, also, to Chris Goulden in 3rd place.

No surprises to see Barry Tucker win the light rifle with a great score...a seasoned campaigner who features in nearly every match has his 6XC really humming. Congratulations to Tyson & Anthony also.

Great groups as well from Tyson & Pete Varley. We're used to seeing tiny groups from Tyson and now Pete  has followed on from his micro 1000 yard group shot in Canberra recently with a cracker at 500 meters.

Great to see!

These scores & groups surely motivate us all to get to Wagga for their reopening at the end of June.

Regards,
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: Batemans Bay Results

Also some "special mentions"

Well done to John Lavaring for a new confirmed  Record Best Target of 59 for 200 yard rimfire fly.

Well done to Barry Tucker with a new confirmed Record total score of 260.04 at 200 yard rimfire fly.

Well done to all our Juniors that shot the rimfire on Sunday.... Alex Dundas won the Junior category with 251.02 which also earned him 4th place outright !!