Batemans Bay - Procal South Coast Fly Championships - Summary

Batemans Bay - Procal South Coast Fly Championships - Summary

First SOTY Fly Shoot for 2019 has been done and won, what a great weekend !!

Saturday for the 500m shoot, we had probably the toughest conditions that I have seen at a Batemans Bay Fly Shoot in the last 10 years !!  It blew up range from the west 30-40kms with stronger gusts and swirls, only one shooter managed to crack 200 !!  We had a great night out for those that came to dinner, and I believe others had a great night at the clubhouse with several ales consumed.  Then day at 300m was a whole different ball park with normal Batemans Bay conditions, light predictable winds and a top score of 294+  and the top three all above 290 points.

500m.

1st place overall was won by Greg Chapman with 228.02 (HG), 2nd was Vince Vaina (LG) 199.02 and Bob Wright 3rd with (LG) 198.02.

Light Gun was won by Vince Vaina with 199.02 with Bob Wright and Jason Armstrong making up the top three, best target  and Small Group were both won by Jason Armstrong with 55.01 and a group of 1.93"

Heavy Gun was won by Greg Chapman with 228.02, with Jack Lipko and Vince Vaina taking 2nd & 3rd respectively.  Small group  was won by Josh Arundell with 2.26 and best target was won by Ken Perrin with 54 points.

The Junior competition was won by Callum Groves with 148.02 which is a great score in tough conditions, Stella Cross and Beau Locke took 2nd and third respectively.

At 300m, Custom Class was won by Greg Chapman with 295.11, with Jason armstrong and Brian Taylor making up the top three.  Best Target and small group were both won by Jason Armstrong with a spectacular 60.05 and a 0.695" group !!

300 Factory Class was won by Fred Blacker with 250.04, David Zucconi and John Harris took 2nd and third.  Best Target and small group were both won by Steve Ball with 57.01 and a 1.63" Group.

Our Junior competition was amazingly close, with less than 5 points seperating the three before the last target !!  Stella Cross took first place junior at 300, with Callum Groves and Brendan Lock just behind her in 2nd and third.

The combined 500 & 300 was won by Greg Chapman, with Jason Armstrong and Vince Vaina 2nd & 3rd.

The combined 500 & 300 JUNIOR was won by Callum Groves, with Stella Cross 2nd and Beau Locke third.

Our Major Prize was drawn from the top ten combined 500 & 300 shooters over both days.  The top ten (in order) were Greg Chapman, Jason Armstrong, Vince Vaina, Tim Pavey, Ken Perrin, Jack Lipko, Glen Aarsen, Josh Arundell, Peter Cross, Bob Wright.

The lucky winner of a Broughton Barrel, fully fitted and chambered in his choice of calibre was Bob Wright from Wagga !!  Huge thank you to Luke Easter for helping us provide this great prize.

I will post full results tomorrow.

Re: Batemans Bay - Procal South Coast Fly Championships - Summary