Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Hi All,

Given the recent realisation that the date for the Pro Cal Cup in Canberra was incorrect on our calendar, and that we now have Canberra and Batemans Bay scheduled for consecutive weekends.....

I am making enquiries with Alex Chryss regarding the possibility of moving our shoot away from the long weekend to the following weekend..... that is the 12/13th October.

Would that suit you ?  Please provide feedback so we can work out what the majority of shooters want....

It is V8 super car weekend in Bathurst that weekend, which is why I didn't want it then (I planned to go)...... but I think it would be better to give that up rather than expect people to travel home from Canberra, unpack, reload and head to Batemans Bay all in a few days ?  We can't do it the following weekend (range is closed the third weekend of each month) and the week after is too close to the Little River Shoot....

Anyway, speak up and let's know what you want

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Peter Merriman
Hi Anthony

I to was going off the dates on the site, I would rather have a break in between Canberra and Batemans Bay so the weekend after the long weekend would work for me.

Many thanks Peter

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

john mc quire
Hello Anthony    i think its too late to change any more dates for this year  -- but thats only my thoughts on the matter  --
         i have already booked  a place to stay for your shoot   and the Canberra shoot beeing shifted  caused a few problems also  --  but i will still try and get to as many SOTY shoots as I can  --   and as you said about the V/8  racing  i think a lot of people would like to go there also  --
                           john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Tim Pavey
Just got my roster changed to  be able to attend the long weekend shoot, doubt I could get the next weekend off ,
Cheers
Tim

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

HI Tim & John,

I hear your points of view, thank you..... I will listen to what others have to say, discuss at Wagga and we can make a make a decision from there....

It is about making both shoots as successful and accommodating for everybody as we can.

I have had emails and discussions with a few others who can't possibly make 2 consecutive weekends, it also potentially counts out several coming from Victoria as well as our chief scorer PVM... Long way to drive home to Melbourne on Monday after the 1000 yard, then head back up Thursday (10 plus hours each way).... Unless you are able to stay up here the week, it makes it very hard.

Please all speak up and let's know if you are fore or against moving it forward one week ?

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Deane Thrower
Personally, after looking at getting back into Fly shooting after a 2 year hiadis  and hoping the ProCal would be my first shoot, seeing the date Dave posted meant I was out as my roster aligned with your dates. The current bay date suits my roster but long weekend means I'm out again.

Just a thought for next year, if we set dates we need to understand that people plan around those advertised. Dave being a member here I would have thought he would have seen the incorrect date much earlier. I hope it's spot on next year .

Deane
Just doing my part to reduce the fly population!!!!

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Tim Pavey
Have reworked my roster using a few favours to cover both weekends, the calendar initially listed the bay shoot as  the 12, 13 oct, then I saw it  had been changed to  the 4,5 oct so raced in and changed my roster to fit in with that so if it changes to dates other than these two weekends I' ll give it a miss.
Cheers
Tim

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Hi,

Tim, it will not be any other weekend..... it will either be the long weekend or the 12/13th....really glad you can make either.

Ultimately I should have marked the Canberra date as TBC on the calendar when I compiled it and posted it late last year..... neither of us remembered to check it against the later posted SSAA canberra calendar....

There is never any attempt to change dates, and every effort is made to get calendars right...... I understand the need to pick dates, register them and stick to them.  If a mistake like this is made, it is simply a matter of making it as suitable to the majority as possible, that is all we are trying to do here.

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Peter Varley
Hi Anthony
 I am locked in to the procal in sept. the bigger the gap to me would make it easier to get back to the bay which i was banking on in one trip. i would still try to do both shoots.
i'm not quite organised to free wheel at the moment
regards peter v

Re: Batemans Bay October shoot - Do you want a date change

Dave Groves
Dear All, apologies for not picking up the wrong date in here, but I run off the two calendars that effect me most, the SSAA (ACT) and Canberra Rifle Club calendars, they are what I have input into to make sure that I've got the dates I need to run competitions and I'm afraid I just didn't check the dates that were put in the calendar here, I assumed they would reflect what came from the SSAA (ACT) calendar.  Anthony asked me for dates late last year and I couldn't answer because I wasn't sure we would get the dates I wanted, and to be honest I didn't think to check they had been entered correctly here.

In the end, we are all human!

Cheers.

Dave.