Batemans Bay Fly

State Title Fly Shoot
21st & 22nd  June 2014
Hosted by Batemans Bay SSAA range
200 and 500 Fly

Batemans Bay Branch of SSAA will be hosting the “NSW State FLY Titles” on the weekend of the 21st  and 22nd June 2014 at the Deep Creek Shooting Complex (41/2 klm South of the Batemans Bay Bridge, turn right into SSAA  road).  This will be a registered event and count toward Shooter Of The Year.

Saturday 21st will be Centrefire 500 Metre 5 target competition, 9am start with a practice / warmer target.  There will be trophies and SSAA State medals for place getters, along with our much sought after Batemans Bay 500m Fly Patches on offer for the event.
Bench draw will available by 19th  June.

Sunday 22nd will be Rimfire 200 yard, practice and sign in from 8am, competition to commence at 9.00am. Trophy to the winner and medals for places, best target and best group will be awarded along with our much sought after all new Batemans Bay 200m Fly patches.

Nominations to be in by the 15th June.
Fees; 1 class = $40-00, 2 classes = $70-00  (ie LG&HG or LG & Rimfire),
all 3 classes= $90-00. Juniors 1/2 price. Fees can be paid on arrival.
Bench numbers are limited so please nominate early to avoid disappointment.

Send nominations to: stateflyshoot@gmail.com
 Please include:
Name :
Calibre( if more than one class- what cal. for each class)
Class or classes you wish to shoot.
Details regarding sharing equipment (with whom and what), Junior or left hander
Contact number :
Contact e-mail :
Any other details you may have for the equipment list.
It is preferable to have a phone number and or email for each shooter so that they can be contacted directly.
Camping, $5-00 night. Hot showers, toilets, cooking facilities & electricity provided.

Please note; Maximum calibre is up to 8mm

Practice & Flag setup available Friday, (gates will be open from 10.30am)

Canteen will be open all weekend including breakfast each morning.

Enquiries please email stateflyshoot@gmail.com or phone
Anthony Hall on 0418 406698, or Bryson Payne on (02) 44713135

Re: Batemans Bay Fly

mate i will be there can't wait will be shooting everything might even throw the air rifle in. talk soon Les

Re: Batemans Bay Fly

Great to hear.... should be a good weekend... Nominations are coming in thick and fast !!

I have about 40 entries already and its only been open a few days !!

Cheers,

Re: Batemans Bay Fly

hello mate won't be able to make it to the Bay this time round work has got in the way of fun so my spot should go to someone who is a certainty to make it .

cheers and good luck to all
Les:)

Re: Batemans Bay Fly

Deane Thrower
That's a real shame Les, I was looking forward to catching up. Though in saying that there will be plenty of chances for that. I have truly missed the fly fraternity and I can't wait to start swatting flys again.

Just doing my part to reduce the fly population!!!!

Re: Batemans Bay Fly

Hi Dean change of work yet again and i will be at the fly in Batemans looking forward to seeing you there.
cheers Les

Re: Batemans Bay Fly

All is looking good... we have 48 entries for Saturday and 32 for the Rimfire on Sunday, so it should be a great Weekend.

Remember the Rimfire is 200 YARDS (182.88 Metres) this time....so scope settings will be different....also it is slightly more downhill as the new 200 yards frames are almost under the 500m frames.

There will be opportunity for sighting/practice on Friday for both distances.

There are still some spaces left if you haven't nominated and want to come.... let me know ASAP.

Re: Batemans Bay Fly

Deane Thrower
Hi Guys

I would like say a big thankyou to the Batemans Bay SSAA and the organisers for a superbly run event. The day just flowed so well thanks to the efforts of Anthony, Les, Pete, the scorers and target crew.

After having the break I have had from shooting the weekend reminded me if why I love this sport so much, there is a great atmosphere with plenty of laughs and just downright top blokes.

I would also like to congratulate Tyson and Barry on their wins, and Peter for the outstanding group he shot, which I believe is a pending record, and to all those who shot as there was some great scores across the field.

Thanks guys and I look forward to catching up again in Canberra in September
Just doing my part to reduce the fly population!!!!