BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Dave Groves
Hi All,
           SSAA (ACT) is hosting the BRT Federal Cup

Venue: SSAA ACT Majura Shooting Complex, Jim McKinley Range

Schedule of Events:

Saturday 10 March 2018
BRT Federal Cup 500m Fly Shoot sponsored by BRT Shooters Supply

Includes: Optional Warmer target, 5 targets to score.

Sunday 11 March 2018
200y Rimfire Fly Shoot

Includes: Optional Warmer target, 5 targets to score.

Fees: $55 one class, $95 two classes, $130 All Classes, Juniors Half Price

Prizes:

Trophies for the "Dirty Dozen" (one entry per shooter), Top Junior overall,  Small Group and High Scoring Target each Class Saturday

Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, Small Group and High Scoring Target, Top Junior Sunday.

2 day Agg Trophies for CF/RF combined score (highest CF score used where both classes shot Saturday)

The Fly Shoot will be run in accordance with the SSAA National Fly Rulebook

Camping: $10 per night per person. Amenities provided.

Catering both days by the Gungahlin Lions Club

Nominations and enquiries to actflyshoot@hotmail.com or by phone to Dave Groves on 0412 118 135

SSAA Majura Range does not presently allow .338 Lapua and larger calibres, if you have questions about your rifles use, please contact Dave.

Cheers.
Dave Groves

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

john mc quire
Hello Dave    it will be great to come down from Mackay and have a shoot with you in Canberra   --  there will be two more shooters coming down from here  to shoot   --   it will be great to catch up with all the Fly shooting crew again  -  and I do hope that Canberra gives us some good shooting weather  with no rain or big winds
            catch up with you at the range
                  john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Vince V
Hi Dave ,
Count me in for both days !
its about time I had a crack at the rimfire !

I believe there may be another couple of members from Brisbane coming as well .
I will be in touch .

Vince

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Dave Groves
Thanks Gents, looking forward to seeing you all here in Canberra.

As of this evening I have 32 registered shooters taking up 45 slots on Saturday and 24 slots on Sunday in the Rimfire.

Vince, one class or two on Saturday mate?

Cheers

Dave.

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

john mc quire
Hi Dave    whats the chance of seeing a list of the shooters who have nominated   and what they are going to shoot in
             it will be good to catch up with every one again
                      john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Dave Groves
G'day John,
                     Lucky for you I have been going to do this, just brought it forward a few nights.

Here's the list of shooters and classes so far.

Anthony Bending LG HG
Anthony Hall LG HG RF
Barry Tucker LG HG RF
Ben Ferrara HG
Bob Mulder LG
Bob Wright LG HG RF
Brad Gooley RF
Brett Lloyd LG
Brian Taylor HG
Chris Parry LG RF
Chris Rigby HG
Dan Taylor LG
Dave Groves HG RF
Dave Waters HG
David Goodridge LG
David Westman LG RF
Fred Blacker LG HG RF
Geoff Perdon LG HG
Grant Groves LG HG RF
Greg Chapman LG HG
Ian Elliott LG HG RF
Jack Lipko LG HG RF
Jessica Taylor LG
Jim Lyall LG HG RF
Jodi Travis LG RF
John Lavaring LG RF
John McQuire LG HG RF
Keith Dowel LG HG RF
Ken Perrin LG HG RF
Les Fraser LG HG RF
Lewis Akesson HG
Luke Easter LG HG RF
Malcolm Wright LG HG
Mariette Rigby LG
Matt Paroz LG
Max Coady LG RF
Michael Bell LG HG RF
Michael Burbidge LG RF
Michael Singleton LG HG
Mick Easton LG
Nick Aagren LG HG RF
Paul Krebs HG
Peter Cross LG HG RF
Peter McDonald LG
Peter Merriman HG RF
Piers Cambridge HG
Richard Bailey HG
Rob Bernard LG HG RF
Rob Eager LG
Russ Stone LG RF
Russell LeMaitre LG RF
Scott Newport LG HG
Sean Little LG HG
Stella Cross JR LG HG RF
Stuart Thomson HG RF
Sue Dowel RF
Tim Pavey LG HG RF
Tony Weston HG
Tyson Trotter LG HG
Vince Vaina LG HG RF

Thus far 60 shooters have registered for the two days, 84 spots filled Saturday and 32 Sunday.

We still have room for about another 16 spots for Saturday, I can press some extra frames and benches into use if need be, and  we are going to try and run 20 targets Sunday so that we can run only two details, as long as that works in with share requests for rifles.

There are a few sharing their rimfires and that is great of them to do so, it gives others the opportunity to participate in the fun.

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Dave Groves
Hi All,
            I’ve just gotten off the phone with Stuart Elliott of BRT discussing prizes for the BRT Federal Cup.

Major prize in the lucky prize draw will be a Forster Co-Ax reloading press, drawn from the hat at the end of the presentations. Be in it to win it! There will be approximately 15 - 20 other items on the prize table Saturday.

There will be a smaller lucky prize draw Sunday after the Rimfire shoot with predominantly Rimfire stuff on the table.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Peter Cross
Administrator
Hi Dave,

You will have to excuse my ignorance, from what I recall there are no permanent  frames in Canberra except the ones at 500m. Will the 200 yd frames be up on Friday for practice or do they get in the way of the 500m targets ?

Thanks

Peter

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Dave Groves
Hi Peter, the 200yd frames line up with the 500m target line unfortunately so there is a good chance of flag damage if the frames are in place Friday which is what happened last time. We might be able to accommodate Rimfire at the extreme right end of the range and not line up with peoples flags for Saturday but no guarantees.

Cheers.

Dave

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Jethro
Hi Dave
Any chance of getting a list of the bench draws.

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2018 Centrefire and Rimfire

Hi Dave & All,

Please accept my apologies for this event....Ryan's team had a great weekend of cricket and are through to the Grand Final Next weekend..... I will be there instead.

I will send the Light Gun Trophy up with someone else from the Bay to be presented again....... I will miss it :)

See you all in Wagga a couple of weeks later....