BRT Federal Cup 2017 - RESULTS

Hi All,

Great days shooting on Saturday, huge well done to David Groves and the Canberra crew for another fantastic event.  There were 70 entries across the two classes and a great spirit of competition.

The day started with a presentation for the 2016 Shooter of The Year trophies.  Well done to Paul Deehan (Heavy Gun) and Michael Bell (Light Gun).  Huge effort all year to win that !!

Here are the results in both excel formats:
BRT_Fed_Cup_2017_results.xlsx
BRT_Fed_Cup_2017_results.xls

Heavy Gun (and Outright) was won by Petter Merriman with an incredible 262.04, with Bob Bernard & Mike Singleton taking 2nd & third place.  Small Group was Paul Deehan with 1.356 and best target was Peter Merriman with 58.02.

Light Gun (and Outright second) was Won by Anthony Hall with 249.02, with Michael Bell & Rob Eager taking second and third.  Small Group was Vince Vaina with 1.497 and Best Target was Michael Bell 57.02.

Highest Ranked Junior was Stella Cross.

Well done to all of the above.

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2017 - RESULTS

Peter Merriman
Thanks to all for a great weekend.
Congrats to Anthony on winning LG.

Hope to see everyone in Wagga next week.

Peter

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2017 - RESULTS

Michael Bell
Administrator
Yep…big thanks to Dave, Russ & the rest of the crew from Canberra for another great shoot.
Congrats to Anthony for his result in the light rifle category & a very big congrats to Peter Merriman for his fantastic result in taking out the heavy rifle & outright placings.
I think I'm right in saying that Pete shot his first 500 over at Batemans Bay only a few years ago when he produced a big score to finish in the placings ( over 260 from memory). Since then he has nearly always shot great scores & has been a regular podium finisher.
This win was important to Pete for obvious reasons but it's also important to Fly Shooting generally as it introduced another interesting caliber to the mix in the 7mm Saum….Pete shot it beautifully to show us all a clean set of heels. Well done!

Regards,
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: BRT Federal Cup 2017 - RESULTS

Peter Merriman
Belly it was a very good Fly shoot for me.
There was one thing I forgot to mention on Saturday that was to thank my gunsmith Russell LeMaitre for all the work he puts into building my guns.
Russell puts everyone else's guns before his own. So thanks Russ,