Australian ranking structure for flyshooters

Australian ranking structure for flyshooters

Hi shooters I am putting together a system for ranking every shooter in Australia . A similar system is in place with full bore shooters  it will mean shooters can see there progression up the rankings. It is different to soty in that this ranking will be applied over a two year period and will rollover continuously.

The fly is becoming one of the premier precision shooting sports in the country it is time we have a ranking that puts every shooter in the country in a position this will hopefully encourage shooters to move up the rankings. There will be two systems one for heavy gun and one for light gun.

Comments les

Re: Australian ranking structure for flyshooters

john mc quire
   Hello Les   great idea of having a ranking system for fly shooters
                   do you think it would only be calculated from SOTY events
                or from all major fly shoots
                    and will there be ratings for rimfire - heavygun - and light gun  classes
                        hope to hear more about the idea soon
                                   john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Australian ranking structure for flyshooters

Hi Mate,

As we discussed, I think it is a good idea and will help as much as I can.

It might take a bit of work and discussion to agree on the appropriate format and system..... but once that is done, I am sure I can write formula into a spreadsheet to do the math....

Re: Australian ranking structure for flyshooters

Hi John yes i think it can be for Rimfire, HG, LG in fact i am now looking at getting more involved with Rimfire and helping it to grow also. The Ranks will come from SOTY matches for HG, LG and major shoots for Rimfire. I guess it will be a method of seeing where shooters are at and hopefully they will try to push up the rankings a little at a time.

I am very focused now on putting more into Benchrest Shooting.

I will be posting lots of guns and bits and pieces on here over the next few days so i can develop more ideas that i have to grow the sport.

cheers and good shooting to all
Les