Aust V's Texas

Re: Aust V's Texas

MikeCockcroft
Don't know why the pictures are sideways. Must be the equator messing with me!!!!

Re: Aust V's Texas

Hi Mike,

Maybe it is the Coriolis Effect.... things spin clockwise down here, and anti clockwise on your half of the globe :)

Either that or it is the device that used the keyboard not functioning correctly.

Either way DAMM.... I almost want to Book a Flight over there just to earn one of those patches !!

Cheers,

Re: Aust V's Texas

MikeCockcroft
Photos of road into my range

Re: Aust V's Texas

Peter Merriman
Let's hope the water subsides quickly.

Peter

Re: Aust V's Texas

Vince V
Not Good mate !!
Yes I would like to go over and see what your range is all about !

Re: Aust V's Texas

MikeCockcroft
Rain has moved on thru Texas and into States to the north. Rivers still rising. The damage estimates will probably exceed any disaster in the past. I don't know the news coverage you had in Australia but the sportsman of Texas and Louisiana met the challenge heroically and saved many thousands of lives, pets, and livestock. It looked like anyone who owned a boat within 200 miles of Houston came to the rescue. The first responders did their very best but were completely overwhelmed by the scope of the hurricane and flood. Cities in South Texas were destroyed by the hurricane and the coastal cities north of the hurricane were destroyed by flood waters.
I live about 30 miles north of the flood waters. We had 26 inches of rain. We were very lucky. Many highways impassable but as far a I know no homes lost in my county.
The range will dry out and the match will go on as scheduled.
Nothing would boost our morale as much as beating you guys like a step child( a crude saying we have here) in this match.
A friendly beating of course!!!!!
Mike

Re: Aust V's Texas

Hi Mike,

Challenge accepted.

Don't let the waters dampen your spirits, i am sure an aussie ass whipping will be better see you at the bench.

cheers Les

Re: Aust V's Texas

Dave Groves
G'day Mike,
                      Hope all your shooters are OK and the area dries out quickly for all affected. Lots of coverage over here on the news of the storm.

We've currently got 37 nominations for our shoot, taking up 50 spots.

How are your nominations going?

Cheers.

Dave
12