Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Nick Aagren
Administrator
Hi All,

At last we can make an official announcement regarding the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at the SSAA Eagle Park Range, Little River in Victoria. As befits a National championship it will be a three day match:

• Friday April 28th 200 yard rimfire.

• Saturday April 29th 500 metre Heavy centrefire.

• Sunday April 30th 500 metre Light centrefire.

There will be either two or three details each day depending on entry numbers.
It is anticipated that the range will be available for practice and set-up on the Thursday.
The match will be conducted strictly to the current rules, which means that any competitor wishing to qualify for the Rimfire/Centrefire Two-Gun must pre-nominate which of their centrefire entries is to be counted. There will also be the usual Centrefire Two-Gun
National medals (including juniors) will be awarded as per the rule book and the match will count toward Hall of Fame qualification in addition to SOTY.

 CF 2  Gun             Gold           Silver            Bronze
CF & RF 2 Gun    Gold           Silver            Bronze
Light Gun             Gold           Silver            Bronze
Heavy Gun           Gold           Silver            Bronze
Rimfire                  Gold           Silver            Bronze

High Score LG  Gold
High Score HG   Gold
High Score RF  Gold
Small Group LG  Gold
Small Group HG  Gold
Small Group RF  Gold

Further details will be provided as the time gets closer but this early announcement is intended to assist those travelling from interstate to plan/book their travel and accommodation. Early nominations can be advised to me at any time either via this forum or by email to me at nick.aagren@gmail.com .

Nick

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

great format Nick i will be shooting every event of the Nationals. Cheers Les

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Stuart Pethy
You ripper
I will say there will be a few from WA coming over again

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Deane Thrower
Nick,

Love the idea of splitting LG and HG into 2 days. Count me in for both classes in centrefire 👍
Just doing my part to reduce the fly population!!!!

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Hi Nick,

Fantastic to hear and well done on getting it approved, organised and posted so early !!

9 months is an appropriate amount of time

I plan to be there and shoot the lot.

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

To the WA guys if you are coming just give us as much notice as you can if you need something we may be able to assist as i know the cost of flight travel with heavy gear is a real burden.

looking forward to the Nationals as always it will be a big event and three days worth is classy i think lots of single entries will become dual's just because of the format.

hopefully the HOF can be up and running by then.

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

john mc quire
    Hello Nick    great news for sure    -- and in plenty of time to plan a long trip away  -   I will be shooting all three classes - just hope that you can get the weather to co-operate  and be kind  for a change   --
           catch up with every one  at that shoot
                            john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Nick Aagren
Administrator
Les, Deane, Anthony  and John thank you for your nominations, they have been recorded. Glad you like the format, it'll give us an extra night at the Little River pub!

Stuart great to hear a few of you in WA are making plans to attend.

Nick

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Stuart Pethy
we will let you know shortly Nick
but yeah i'm planing on shooting all classes but depends on if i can borrow a .22 like last year, hint hint Les, Anth haha
also have to wait for my 6BRX to built to see if i can do light and heavy yet, approx Oct atm for it to be done, fingers crossed
will be talking to the other guys shortly and start organizing something

and thanks Les for the offer, we will let you know but if you have some spare flags that would be good, don't want to be like last year without any

cheers

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Jason Rushton
Hi Nick,

Really like the format of RF,HG and LG held on separate days.. I will be shooting LG and HG and as Stuart has mentioned there should be a few of us again from WA attending, will keep you posted.

Cheers Jason

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Nick Aagren
Administrator
Hi Jason

Thanks I have recorded your HG & LG nominations. Glad you like it, we have followed the short range benchrest format of separate days for each class. It will give you more time to experience the Eagle Park conditions!

Cheers

Nick

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Darren McNamara
Great stuff Nick & Pete
Put me down for the Sat and Sunday please

Cheers
Darren

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Nick Aagren
Administrator

Your 1st Nationals mate.

On 29 Jul 2016 10:40 pm, "Darren McNamara [via 500 M Fly Shooter]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great stuff Nick & Pete
Put me down for the Sat and Sunday please

Cheers
Darren

To unsubscribe from Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC, click here.
NAML

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Hi Nick just seeking clarification on the match conditions set out here there is mention of pre nomination of the centre fire class to go with the RF class. Where is this in the rule book. Also who is the match winner  and how is this calculated as it is not in the add.

thanks Les

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Paul D
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Nick Aagren
Administrator
Thanks Paul

My answer in a nutshell!

http://www.500mflyshooter.com.au/flyshoot/assets/File/Benchrest-Fly-Shoot-rule-book.pdf

For Les and fellow readers please refer to page 12, 3.3.1 Course of fire,  for Paul's reference re CF/RF  two gun nomination:

"For the purpose of calculating the winner and placegetters in a
Centrefire and Rimfire 2 Gun match the competitor/s must nominate, ...."

Les and readers re match winners, please refer to page 15 of the rule book, 3.8 MEDALS AND AWARDS, gold medals are to be awarded for 2 gun aggregates, class aggregates,  class highest score target and smallest group. There is no mention of a match winner.

Hope this helps

Nick

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Thanks Nick and Paul so there is no overall match winner as per your email therefore everyone is competing for one class individually and Multi gun being  CF (nominated) and Rimfire, LG & HG Multi gun.

I am very supportive  of the rule book and happy they are being applied as per the rules stated for the Nationals, every rule at these important matches must be applied with the same exacting understanding.

Thanks Paul and Nick

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Hi Paul one of the rules of the forum is a photo with your name, happy with Paul D but a photograph is a rule for this forum as well.

cheers Les

mmmmmm RF and nominate CF ...which one , being held over 2 days now, which day to pick , future weather report please , might be a coin toss

Re: Announcing the 2017 Registered Fly Nationals at Eagle Park Range, VIC

Nick Aagren
Administrator
Pethy

To clarify the CF/RF two gun nomination, the decision can be left till the morning of the RF match when I'll have a form for shooters to sign off on their nominated CF class.

Looks like you've trimmed your handlebar moustache Paul!

Nick

12