Accurate Target Air Rifles

Hi All,

Topic unrelated to fly...... but with several of us having juniors planning to enter the sport... I thought it might be more than just me that find this topic interesting.  I also think that there are some amongst the readers on here that have good knowledge on Air Rifles that they might share.

I want Ryan to start his competitive shooting with air rifle.  When I was young, my first taste of serious competition was 10m indoor air rifle.  We used extremely accurate Feinwerkbau .177 Spring Piston air rifles at an indoor range near Wollongong.  For many years after that my brother and I shot air rifles together, off hand competitions, benchrest competitions and shooting rabbits and small game.

From what I have seen, these days compressed air rifles seem to be the best way to go for target shooting.  I already have scuba cylinders as we dive...

I have seen Les's very nice Anschutz rifle, and have looked at the Walther equivalents.  Very, very nice bits of kit..... but $4k for a competitive air rifle seems a lot for the purpose.  I have also seen the amazing 50m accuracy of that beast that Belly has..... but that is not suitable for indoor target use (it would blow holes in the nice target mechanisms).

I am certainly one for buying right the first time and not into cheap crap just because it is cheap.... but what is available that is quality at a reasonable price ?

What is available in target orientated compressed air .177 air rifles ?

What have you had experience with and recommend ?