ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012

Dave Groves
SSAA ACT is hosting the
PRO-CAL CHALLENGE
500m Fly Shoot
Saturday 22 September 2012

SSAA ACT Majura Shooting Complex

Light Gun to 17lbs, Heavy Gun unlimited

Five targets plus optional warmer

Fees $50 per class or $90 for both classes

Rifles must be shot from separate sandbag rest systems.  Light Gun class allows a bipod but must be included in the 17lbs.  No muzzle breaks allowed.  Range is open for practice the day before, 9am to 4pm.  Bench draw will be posted on the range two days before event.  Trophies for top three places in both classes. Pro-Cal cup for Light Gun winner.  Half Fly Cup for overall winner.  Trophy for Small Group and High Score for both classes.  Fly patches for hits on the fly.  Prizes drawn on competitor number at presentation.
Sponsor:  Pro-Cal

Nominations to actflyshoot@hotmail.com, by COB September 17th 2011.  Please include if you wish to share benches or equipment and with whom. No pre payment required.

Contact: Dave Groves, (02) 6262 4520 or 0412 118 135

1000yd IBS shoot on Sunday 23rd, nominate on the day of the Fly.

Please provide one nomination form per shooter:

Pro-Calshootsept2012.doc

Re: ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012

hi Dave i will be shooting both classes and i will also be there to assist a couple of days out from the shoot if you need me too.
cheers and looking forward to the shoot
Les

Re: ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012

john mc quire
Hello Dave   can you tell me if there will be a Bat Shoot on Saturday night
                     or do you think that it will be too cold  to have that shoot
                           cheers   john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

RE: ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012

Dave Groves

G’day John,

                  Running the Bat Shoot ended up being just too much for us I’m afraid, so I don’t think that will be happening again in the future, whilst it was nice to run it, I arrived at the range on Saturday at about 0700, I got home about 1230am on the Sunday and was back at the range at 0730 that day to run 1000yds. We are usually all pretty shattered after the weekend of running the Fly and 1000yds, it was just far too much for us I’m afraid.

We might do it at our next big event, Fly shoot 30th anniversary maybe

Cheers.

Hello Dave   can you tell me if there will be a Bat Shoot on Saturday night
                     or do you think that it will be too cold  to have that shoot
                           cheers   john mc quire

  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nabble.com/ACT-Pro-Cal-Fly-Shoot-22-September-2012-tp5706724p5706732.html

To unsubscribe from ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012, click here.
NAML

Re: ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012

john mc quire
Hi Dave   is there any chance of posting a list of shooters who will be going to the Canberra shoot
                     do you have many spots left  at the moment
                    regards     john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012

Dave Groves
Hi John and all,
                              Just counted the spaces filled, approx. 56 of 80 filled unless we open another bench.

Are you interested in who's attending so you know who the competition is??

I haven't heard from a few of the usuals, so hint-hint, get your entries in.

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012

john mc quire
Hi Dave   yes I am always interested in who is going to attend a SOTY shoot
                 its great to be able to meet up with all my friends at these shoots
                   and also its nice to know the number of Heavy Guns  compared with the Light Guns
               and how many will be shooting both heavy and light  on the day
                   this shoot will also descide the State of Origin  for this year   so it would be great to see
                  who is shooting for which State
                        I just hope the weather is kind to us on the day
                             see you in Canberra
                                   john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: ACT Pro-Cal Fly Shoot 22 September 2012

Hi Dave I am in New Zealand I will be shooting both classes.  I don't have access to my computer to nominate on your site I hope this will do. See you all in oz on the 17th