6mm Grendel Improved (6mm ProCal)

Re: 6mm Grendel Improved (6mm ProCal)

Curtley Ambrose
I’ve just bought a dual port Bat action to build a 6mm Grinch.

Re: 6mm Grendel Improved (6mm ProCal)

Michael Bell
Administrator
Good on you Curtley,
Did you notice that Geoff Hanson shot a 1.03" screamer group at the Batemans Bay nationals using his "Grinch"?
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: 6mm Grendel Improved (6mm ProCal)

Curtley Ambrose
G’day Belly,

Yes I seen the outstanding group that Geoff  shot with his Grinch. I must admit that the first time I saw this cartridge was via Geoff some years ago in Canberra and I was duly impressed with it back then.

It’s a very impressive little cartridge.

Re: 6mm Grendel Improved (6mm ProCal)

Shaun Stoffels
I've just fireformed my first lot of cases in the 6 Grendel. Interesting to see how much difference there is in MV between Grinch/Procal and normal Grendel.

27gr 2206H with a 107SMK jumped 10 thou got me 2760 fps fireforming. And shot not to bad vertical at 800m in some horrible conditions.

Re: 6mm Grendel Improved (6mm ProCal)

Shaun Stoffels
Hey guys,

Just been running my 'straight' 6mm Grendel. It managed to win me the 400m Fly match and my 700m club F-Class shoot I shot yesterday with it.

28gr 2206H gives 2795 to 2800 avg, so gonna run 28.1gr for average 2810. 28gr was a tad unstable ES wise at high teens. A few rounds dropped low in speed to high 2780s. But very good accuracy. It gave great vertical over the course of yesterdays 400m Fly Shoot. One target had 3/4in vertical for all 5 shots and about 1.5in wide.

29gr gives 2895 to 2900 so again thinking 29.1gr will stabilize ES as was high teens. It did hold X ring elevation at 700m in switchy and mirage conditions at my club competition shoot too. Did shoot ok in the 400m Fly shoot but not as good as the 28gr load. Dropped a 57.4 and 59.4 in the 700m bucket.

I'm going to further test the 28.1gr for 2810 area with 107gr SMK for Fly. Had them jumping 10 thou with CCI450s lighting them up.

Re: 6mm Grendel Improved (6mm ProCal)

Michael Bell
Administrator
G'day Shaun,
These are very good results....sounds like the difference between a "straight" Grendel & an improved version is about 100 fps!! Similar to a "straight" 6br vrs an BRX or Dasher??

All comes down to accuracy I guess.

Regards,
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: 6mm Grendel Improved (6mm ProCal)

Shaun Stoffels
Belly,

I'd agree. People ask me what the Grendel is, I describe it as the BRX of the PPC.

I am going to order my own reamer next year, but unsure whether to go normal Grendel or Grinch.

I'm going to try some 2208 in it and see how it goes too.

I look forward to seeing more results from people.
12