30 BR for Fly shooting

Rob Eager
Has anyone considered this chambering for the Fly?

Re: 30 BR for Fly shooting

Not that i know of mate i guess it would have to be because of the distance 500m away and throwing a 110 thirty cal bullet that far out of a BR i don't really like the chances but i have been wrong before.
cheers Les

Re: 30 BR for Fly shooting

Hi Mate,

I agree with Les that it is a long way with a small fat 30 cal pill....

I did remember reading that a guy called Aussie Bob (online name) won a Townsville 500m fly shoot.... I looked it up and it seems he did, and shot 231 points and a small group around 1.75" with a 30br, 115 grain projectiles, that was around 1996.. .... never heard of it being done since....

I am sure it would work, but there are better calibres for fly in my opinion.

Re: 30 BR for Fly shooting

Paul D
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: 30 BR for Fly shooting

Bob Mulder
Yes i did do well in the Peter Short memorial in Townsville in 2006 .
I decided to give it a go after they told me i was wasting my time.
And yes 1.75"Group  that target scored 58.1 was with 115gr flat based CDC projectiles 1 in 17 twist barrel still shooting same barrel and still shooting well with over 5,000 rounds through it.
2006 i took light Gun, Smallest group, highest score on a single target only two heavy guns beat me.
 Since then i have built a 30X47 Lapua and it shoots well again on a 17 twist barrel but shooting 135grain projectiles need to get to some shoots.