2022 BRT Federal Cup - Nominations Open

Dave Groves
Good evening.

Nominations are now open for the 2022 BRT Federal Cup, sponsored by BRT Shooters Supply

Venue: SSAA ACT Majura Shooting Complex, Jim McKinley Range

Date: Saturday 12 March 2022

500m Fly Shoot, Light and Heavy classes.
Includes: Optional Warmer target and 5 targets to score each class.

We will run 1000yds at Canberra Rifle Club on Sunday the 13th.

Fees: $55 one class, $100 two classes.

Camping: $10 per person per night. Amenities provided.

Catering Saturday by Gungahlin Lions Club

All nominations to be lodged by e-mail preferably to actflyshoot@hotmail.com or by phone to Dave Groves  on 0412 118 135 by 9 March.

The Fly Shoot is run in accordance with the SSAA National Fly Shoot Rulebook

Please nominate what class or classes to be shot, if intending to share equipment and if you are a left handed shooter.

COVID Notice: The volunteers at SSAA (ACT) are wanting to get back to running events, but we will need your assistance to do so. Currently masks are required in the ACT Indoors.The McKinley Range shelter is not classified as indoors for this purpose but anywhere with walls and a roof is, this will include the wailing wall and many other areas. If there is a mask requirement at the time of the event, the volunteers will already be busy enough with running the event, as we usually are, without having to attempt to police COVID safe behaviours. There are also likely to be restrictions on sharing equipment outside family groups without sanitisation. Your actions as attendees and competitors in assisting us by complying with any COVID requirements will greatly assist us in running a successful event. Please consider this in deciding whether to nominate.

Re: 2022 BRT Federal Cup - Nominations Open

Dave Groves
Hi Folks.

Things are looking pretty good for the BRT Federal Cup with a couple of weeks left for people to nominate. We currently have 36 shooters registered taking up 58 of the approximately 96 spots we can easily run across four details.

We are going to try something different with the trophies this year, a small keeper trophy for first place in the Dirty Dozen and hopefully an alternative to trophies that we’ve been using at Canberra Rifle Club and we really like. More details on that once it’s confirmed we can get it done. This will also allow us to put a few more items on the prize table along with the items from BRT.

Looking forward to having everyone here, the mask requirements get relaxed this Friday which will make things a little more comfortable.

Cheers,

Dave

Re: 2022 BRT Federal Cup - Nominations Open

Hi All,

Unfortunately I will be an apology for this event. I have the first Mazda dealer conference for more than 2 years that I have to attend.

Good luck to all and I hope the shoot goes well.

Re: 2022 BRT Federal Cup - Nominations Open

Dave Groves
Hi Anthony, a shame you can’t make it, shaping up to be a good weekend.

Nomination list below:

Nomination_List.pdf

Re: 2022 BRT Federal Cup - Nominations Open

Dave Groves
Hi folks, please see below the preliminary bench draw for Saturday.

BRT_Federal_Cup_2022_Bench_Draw.pdf

Re: 2022 BRT Federal Cup - Nominations Open

Dave Groves
Hi All, final bench draw has been posted at the range this evening. Copy below.

Cheers,

Dave.

BRT_Federal_Cup_2022_Bench_Draw_Final.pdf

Re: 2022 BRT Federal Cup - Results

Dave Groves
Hi All,

Thanks to all that attended the BRT Federal Cup, a great day was had by all.

Congratulations to Ken Perrin of Wagga with taking out the event overall with his Light Gun, with a score of 263.02, second place was local kid Callum Groves (16yo), Light Gun also, with a score of 259.03 and in third place was Nick Aagren of Melbourne with his Heavy Gun with a score of 252.03

The Dirty Dozen was as follows:

1. Ken Perrin
2. Callum Groves
3. Nick Aagren
4. William Bailey
5. Richard Bailey
6. Josh Arundell
7. Mark Anstee
8. Dave Groves
9. Vince Vaina
10. Russell Lemaitre
11. Peter Cross
12. Matt Riches.

Light Gun High Scoring Target went to Callum Groves with a 57
Light Gun Small Group went to Peter Cross with a 1.6455" group

Heavy Gun Small Group and High Scoring Target both went to Richard Bailey with 1.5115" and 59.01 respectively.

Juniors were 1. Callum Groves, 2. Damon Easton and 3. Lilly Easton, all of whom were target crewing the whole day.

See you all at the next one.

Cheers,

Dave.

BRT_Federal_Cup_2022_Final_Results.pdf