2020 Fly Shoot Registered Matches and Shooter Of The Year

2020 Fly Shoot Registered Matches and Shooter Of The Year

Dave Groves
Hi All,
          The Match Directors of those Clubs that hold Registered Matches met for a teleconference Friday night to discuss the way forward for the 2020 competition year for the Fly.

Here is where we are at:

SA are proceeding with their State Titles on 18 & 19 July, will be eligible to record National records, and will be operating with appropriate controls for social distancing.

WA are proceeding with their State Titles on 25 & 26 July, will be eligible to record National records, and will be operating with appropriate controls for social distancing.

Both SA and WA events will likely be limited to residents of their states.

Queensland still hope to hold their State Titles in Mackay, and if they are granted permission by their State Executive will provide at least six weeks notice of the event.

The following events have been cancelled by their host Clubs, please understand that these decisions have not been taken lightly, but have been made on the basis of safety to the public, our competitors and a major consideration, the safety of our volunteers:

The Blue Heeler Classic which was scheduled for 29 & 30 August;

The Pro-Cal Challenge which was scheduled for 26 & 27 September; and

The Little River Cup which was scheduled for 6 & 7 November.

The decision has been made to cancel the Shooter Of The Year for 2020.

Some Clubs are holding club level matches depending upon local restrictions, where this happens, please support your club and its volunteers and comply with any COVID-19 control measures with good grace.

We wish all of you all the best in these challenging times and hope that we can return to some semblance of normality in 2021.

Regards,

Dave