2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Dave Groves
Hi All,
            This first thread is advertising the 2020 Fly Nationals, thread # 2 is going to be about a shirt that is being organised including details of how to secure yours and thread # 3 (coming Monday hopefully) will contain exciting details of the prizes that will be on offer and it is EXCITING news.

SSAA ACT is hosting the
SSAA Fly Nationals 2020 & BRT Federal Cup
Celebrating 30 Years of Fly Shooting
March 7, 8 & 9 2020
SSAA Majura ACT
500m Heavy Gun, Light Gun and 200yd Rimfire Fly Shoot

Program
• Thursday, March 5: Bench draw will be available.
• Friday, March 6: Practice from 9:00am, flag set-up from 2:00pm.
• Saturday, March 7: Heavy Gun. 9.00am Sharp Commencement
• Sunday, March 8: Light Gun. 9.00am Sharp Commencement
• Monday, March 9: Rimfire. 9.00am Sharp Commencement

Nominations to allow share requests to be accommodated close 1st of March 2020.
Fees: $50 per class.
Fees can be paid on arrival.
Nominations to: actflyshoot@hotmail.com or to Dave on 0412 118 135

Please include:
• Name
• Calibre (if more than one class - calibre for each class)
• Class or classes you wish to shoot
• Details regarding sharing equipment (with who and what)
• Junior or left-hander
• Contact phone number, email address and any other details you may have for the equipment list

The Fly Nationals competition will be run in accordance with the SSAA Fly Shoot rulebook current at the time of the competition.

SSAA Majura Range does not allow .338 and larger cartridges at this time, if you have questions about your rifles use, please contact Dave.

The Official National Awards will be Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for aggregate in each class, Gold for Small Group and High Scoring Target in each class, Gold, Silver and Bronze for 2 Gun Centrefire, 2 Gun Centrefire/Rimfire, and 3 Gun. Gold, Silver and Bronze for Junior under 15yrs and Junior 15 – 18 yrs.
Fly Patches will be awarded for hits on the Fly for all events in addition to National Awards.
Results will be counted towards Fly Shooter Of The Year competition.
Sponsors are providing prizes to be drawn at the end of the presentations, competitors must be in attendance to win.

Facilities
Camping: $10 per night per person. Amenities provided.

Re: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Hi Dave don't get alot of internet time i am working away from home. I sent you an email with my noms and shirt size and quantity. I would also like to nominate all classes. If Anthony is going un known yet i would like to share with him. Thanks will be a great nationals.

cheers Les

Re: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Dave Groves
Hi All,
            Please note, the format of the Nationals is different this year to the previous two years.

We will be shooting Heavy Gun the first day (Saturday), then Light Gun Sunday and Rimfire Monday.

The reason for this? In the beginning when Fly started out, there was no Light Gun!

More details soon!

Cheers,

Dave.

Re: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Stuart Pethy
Sent and only 2 of us from WA this year :(

Re: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Bob Coulter
Hi Dave please put me down for all 3 classes XC heavy Brx light as well as an XL shirt
Cheers
Bob Coultetr

Bob, please email me at actflyshoot@hotmail.com regarding a shirt.
Rob

Re: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Rob
Dave just checking on the Saturday Heavy Fly shoot. I assume that we are shooting 5 not the 10 targets you mentioned on one previous occasion that you would have liked to have run for this shoot. Is that correct?

Regards Rob

Re: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Dave Groves
Hi Rob, correct, the event will only be a 5 target match each day, whilst we would have liked to run a 10 target match on the Saturday it is just not going to be possible, the main concern was compromising the success of the Nationals to run the 10 targets on Saturday, currently we have  63 nominations and the event is still 5 weeks away, we will probably be running 4 details and 10 targets  would make that extremely difficult.

Thanks for asking the question.

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Dave Groves
Hi All,
           Please see attached the list of competitors that have thus far entered the 2020 Fly Shoot Nationals.

If your name isn't on the list and you think it should be, please contact me.

Cheers.

Dave.

Nationals_2020_Competitor_List.pdf

Re: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Stuart Pethy
awesome Colin F is in ..that means 3 of us from WA

Rob

RE: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Rob

Dave,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the delay have had a few personal matters to resolve.

Have a great day and see you at the BAT with any luck.

Regards

Robert Bernard

mob 0405 470 253

Hi Rob, correct, the event will only be a 5 target match each day, whilst we would have liked to run a 10 target match on the Saturday it is just not going to be possible, the main concern was compromising the success of the Nationals to run the 10 targets on Saturday, currently we have  63 nominations and the event is still 5 weeks away, we will probably be running 4 details and 10 targets  would make that extremely difficult.

Thanks for asking the question.

Cheers.

Dave.

http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nabble.com/2020-Fly-Nationals-Thread-1-of-3-Advertisement-tp5710662p5710679.html

To unsubscribe from 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement, click here.
NAML

RE: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Dave Groves
Hi All,
           Currently we have 83 entries for Heavy Gun, 79 for Light Gun and 73 for Rimfire, with 91 individuals nominated and a few of our regulars that I haven’t heard from, things are looking good.

Each day will be 4 details, and we can run up to 26 benches easily so if we get to above 100 competitors on any one day we may have to bring in a wait list for entries.

I will post the updated competitor list in the next couple of days, I would suggest nominating now if you haven’t as yet to avoid disappointment.

Cheers.

Dave
Rob

RE: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Rob

Dave,

I have spoken with Jack Lipko and will be sharing his rimfire (much better than my rabbit gun) so can you please ensure that we are not shooting the same detail.

Thanks

Regards

Robert Bernard

mob 0405 470 253

           Currently we have 83 entries for Heavy Gun, 79 for Light Gun and 73 for Rimfire, with 91 individuals nominated and a few of our regulars that I haven’t heard from, things are looking good.

Each day will be 4 details, and we can run up to 26 benches easily so if we get to above 100 competitors on any one day we may have to bring in a wait list for entries.

I will post the updated competitor list in the next couple of days, I would suggest nominating now if you haven’t as yet to avoid disappointment.

Cheers.

Dave

http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nabble.com/2020-Fly-Nationals-Thread-1-of-3-Advertisement-tp5710662p5710700.html

To unsubscribe from 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement, click here.
NAML

RE: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Dave Groves
A quick update. 99 individuals entered, 89 for HG, 83 for LG and 74 for Rimfire.

Cheers

Dave
Rob

RE: 2020 Fly Nationals - Thread 1 of 3 - Advertisement

Rob

Dave,

On rimfire can you please move me from detail 4 back to detail 2 as I am sharing Jacks rimfire and keith and sue are using their rimfire so it makes sense and reduces our effort if you can move those detail position around please.

Regards

Robert Bernard

mob 0405 470 253

http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nabble.com/2020-Fly-Nationals-Thread-1-of-3-Advertisement-tp5710662p5710710.html