2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Hi Everyone,

Just over 6 weeks to go until the 2019 Fly Nationals !!  Official Information below as well as attached as a PDF that you can print and share.
BB_Nationals_SSAA_Web_Flyer_2019_(3).pdf
Nominations are now officially open.

SSAA Fly Nationals 2019
June 8, 9 & 10, 2019
SSAA Batemans Bay Deep Creek Shooting Complex
500m Light Gun, Heavy Gun and 200yd Rimfire Fly Shoot

Program
• Thursday, June 6:  Bench draw will be available.
• Friday, June 7:        Practice and flag set-up from 10.00am, lunch available.
• Saturday, June 8:   Light Gun. 9.00am Sharp Commencement
• Sunday, June 9:       Heavy Gun. 9.00am Sharp Commencement
• Monday, June 10:   Rimfire. 9.00am Sharp Commencement

Nominations
Nominations close 1st of June 2019.
Fees: $50 per class. Juniors ½ Price.
Fees can be paid on arrival.
Nominations: Please email stateflyshoot@gmail.com

Please include:
• Name
• Calibre (if more than one class - calibre for each class)
• Class or classes you wish to shoot
• Details regarding sharing equipment (with who and what)
• Junior or left-hander
• Contact phone number, email address and any other details you may have for the equipment list

Rules
Light Gun and Heavy Gun competition will be run in accordance with the SSAA Fly Shoot rulebook current at the time of the competition.
Maximum Calibre on the Deep Creek Shooting Complex is <8mm.

Prizes
The Official National Awards will be Gold, Silver and Bronze for aggregate in each class, Gold for Small Group and High Scoring Target in each class, Gold, Silver and Bronze for 2 Gun Centrefire, 2 Gun Centrefire/Rimfire, and 3 Gun. Gold, Silver and Bronze for Junior under 15yrs and Junior 15 – 18 yrs.

There will be Significant Local and Sponsors Prizes as well as Fly Patches for all events in addition to National Awards.
Results will be counted towards Fly Shooter Of The Year competition.

Facilities
Catering will be provided by the SSAA Batemans Bay Club all weekend.
Camping is $5 per person per night. Hot showers, toilets, cooking facilities and electricity provided.

Contacts
Enquiries please email stateflyshoot@gmail.com or phone Anthony Hall on 0418 406 698 or Bryson Payne on (02) 4471 3135

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

john mc quire
This post was updated on .
Hello Anthony       there will be a few shooters  coming down from Mackay to shoot the nationals
                           Shane Clow   shooting  .223 LG   6.5  x 47 HG    plus  .22 rimfire
                        Chris Parry    6mm Dasher  in Light and Heavy  plus Rim-fire
                        John Lavaring   7 x47  LG   and 30  x 47 HG    + rimfire
      and myself    John Mc Quire    6.5 x47  LG    .284W   HG   plus rimfire
                we will all be sharing  gear   in all classes   rifles   rests and flags
            and we will be camping in your club house for the weekend
                catch up with you in June
            john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Hi John,

Great to hear that a few will make the trip.  Done and nominated, I sent you an email to confirm details.

If there are 4 details, I will put you all on one bench, if three details, I will split you 2 & 2 beside each other.

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

john mc quire
Hi Anthony   thanks for that
              all us northerners need is a promise of some good weather
                 without any hail or sleet    and plenty of wood to burn in the fire drums
            catch up with  all our shooting friends  soon
                  john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Shane C
This post was updated on .
Hi Anthony as per Johns post for me.

John Mc remember what we have ordered in the way of weather... nice 25 deg days gentle breeze from the east... and a cool 15 deg at night gentle breeze from the north... sun during the day... moon and stars at night... NO cold wet ice type stuff... noooo thats is NOT going to happen...

Thanks
Shane
HEAT MIRAGE DEFINITION: When the fly wont stay still... making swatting it very difficult.

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Hi Mate,

Best wishes are one thing.... reality may be another :)

Ideal conditions for that time of year would be a lovely warm sunny maximum of 20 and a night temp of 2..... Frosty, wet and cold early to warm up to a sunny 12 for the start of the match.....  Bring a Jacket !!

but plenty of firewood, good company and alcohol and makes that awesome camping conditions and generally no mirage at that time of year !!   Different to Mackay.....but that is why you come down here !!

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Keith Dowel
hi Anthony, just letting you know I will be there and sharing a bench with Andy Santa pls. Thx, Keith

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

No worries mate, added to the list.

Rob

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Rob
Hi Anthony,

Please register Jack and myself for Light/Heavy and Rimfire. I have sent you an email with our details.

Have a great week.

Regards Rob B

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

David Dundas
Hi Anthony

Been looking forward to comming down to Batemans for a year now so getting excited. Booked our accommodation months ago but I will drop you an email with all the details of equipment and who is sharing etc.
Knowing how good a job your club does with these shoots I am sure this years Nationals will be one to remember.

Regards

Dave Dundas

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Stuart Pethy
Hi Anthony
OK 4 of us from WA so far

Tony Ryan LG, HG (if there is 3 details he will share with Gary and I) and RF (he will need to borrow/use a RF if it is possible)
Kay Cotterell, RF only (sharing with Gary Tempeman  and Stuart Pethybridge, hope there is 3 details)
Gary Templeman , LG and HG (sharing with Stuart Pethybridge) RF (3 of us sharing)
Stuart Pethybridge LG, HG and RF (as above)

do we need longer poles for range , i will be bringing the short BRT poles

cant wait for this

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Hi Mate,

Fantastic to hear that four are making the trip from WA !!

Numbers for the shoot are amazing !!  Looks like an all time record with potentially more than 60 individuals for every class, there will be great prizes and it will be a very good shoot to win outright, win  a class or make top ten against that many competitors !!

Yes, you need some long poles..... and unfortunately sticking shower screen poles into the sand doesn't work here where the ground is not sand :)

Bring what you have, and I will do what I can plus ask other competitors for any assistance they can provide for extension poles for BRT flags.....If a few of us can loan you a pole each.... you will be fine.

Lets know if you need any other gear.... as I know it can be hard to fly with everything you need.

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

60 entries is a fantastic result and i am sure that more will come yet closer to the match day. The Batemans Bay club will have their hands full getting through 4 details a day for three days.

Bring on the Nationals and your A game.........

good shooting

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Michael Bell
Administrator
Only a few more sleeps boys & girls...Woo Hoo!!

I'm wondering who the favourites might be?

There really is a lot to choose from.  So far this year (talking centrefire) there have been 9 individual podium sitters in LG category & 10 in HG!
Vince & Chappo have featured in HG while Vince, Kenny P & Les have all shot well in LG....There are plenty of options on the day though with some crack shots coming in from WA & Qld; Those pesky Victorians can also never be discounted & I've got a funny feeling about Grant G....& Bobby Wright...Who knows??

Then on Monday with rimfire...good God, who can tell...pick a name from the hat!

Whatever happens it's gunna' be great...

See you there,
Belly
Michael Bell

Re: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Stuart Pethy
cant wait for it belly, be good to see everyone again and meet some more new people ..
i just want a fly patch and what ever comes after that is a bonus
going to be some great competition i feel and banter hahaha
now back to packing for plane trip in the morning ..why did i book the early flight
Rob

RE: 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019

Rob

Guys,

Going to miss you all this shoot, I had to pull out because of a dose of influenza that I picked up (possibly after the flu shot that was suppose to prevent this).

Have a great weekend and I will see you hopefully at the next one.

Jack Keith and Fred will have to hold up the Sydney connection.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Regards

Robert Bernard

mob 0405 470 253

Only a few more sleeps boys & girls...Woo Hoo!!

I'm wondering who the favourites might be?

There really is a lot to choose from.  So far this year (talking centrefire) there have been 9 individual podium sitters in LG category & 10 in HG!
Vince & Chappo have featured in HG while Vince, Kenny P & Les have all shot well in LG....There are plenty of options on the day though with some crack shots coming in from WA & Qld; Those pesky Victorians can also never be discounted & I've got a funny feeling about Grant G....& Bobby Wright...Who knows??

Then on Monday with rimfire...good God, who can tell...pick a name from the hat!

Whatever happens it's gunna' be great...

See you there,
Belly

Michael Bell

http://500-m-fly-shooter.1062065.n5.nabble.com/2019-Fly-Nationals-Batemans-Bay-June-8-10-2019-tp5710401p5710436.html

To unsubscribe from 2019 Fly Nationals - Batemans Bay - June 8-10 2019, click here.
NAML