2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
SSAA ACT is hosting the

2018 Pro Cal Challenge 500M Fly Shoot
including the ACT Fly Championships

Venue: SSAA ACT Majura Shooting Complex, Jim McKinley Range

Saturday 22 September 2018

Pro Cal Challenge 500M Fly Shoot including the ACT Fly Championships
Includes: Optional Warmer target, 5 targets to score,
8 rds per target (3 on splash plate, 5 to score)

Prizes:
Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, Small Group and High Scoring Target in Light and Heavy.
Lucky Prize Draw after presentations featuring shooting products.

Fees: $55 one class, $95 two classes

Camping: $10 per night per person. Amenities provided.

Catering Saturday by Gungahlin Lions Club

All nominations to be lodged by e-mail to actflyshoot@hotmail.com
or by phone to Dave Groves  by 18 September 2018.

The Fly Shoot is run in accordance with the SSAA National Fly Shoot Rulebook

Please nominate what class or classes to be shot, if intending to share equipment and if you are a left handed shooter.

Sunday 23 September 2018
1000yds IBS @ Canberra Rifle Club
1000yds will be shot on electronic targets, no competitor marking necessary.

Enquiries to Dave Groves 0412 118 135 or (02) 6262 4520

SSAA Majura Range does not allow .338 and larger cartridges at this time, if you have questions about your rifles use, please contact Dave.

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Hi Dave i would like to nominate in all classes for Saturday only.

cheers Les

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
Thanks Les, booked in.

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Peter Cross
Administrator
Dave

How many targets on Sunday ? and roughly how many bullets do you think would be needed . If I recall correctly last time it was 3 targets and 5 scoring shots on each plus whatever you need for warm up and sighters  but that was 2 years ago now.

Thanks

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
Hi Pete,
               Light Gun shoots 5 shots per record target and Heavy Gun shoots 10, we will probably shoot 3 targets for Light Gun depending on numbers attending.

You get 6 minutes unlimited sighters and then 10 minutes to shoot your record group, so if you shoot Light Gun you will need 15 for the record targets and about the same for the sighters.

When I shoot Heavy Gun I generally allow 40 rds for two targets.

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Peter Cross
Administrator
Thanks Dave

Looks like my little girl won't be able to make this one :(

Ill email you with my nomination for both classes and the 1000, I Just have to see if Bob is going make it and share a bench with me.

Thanks Again

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
Thanks Pete, I have booked you in for two classes Saturday, let me know about Bob.

It is a shame that Stella won't be able to make it, she's missing an opportunity to beat you!

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Tim  Pavey
Hi Dave
Put me down for both classes both days.
Sharing with Glen Aarson on Saturday, and i'm a lefty
cheers
Tim

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
Thanks Tim, I’ve got you booked in sharing with Glen.

Cheers.

Dave

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Peter Cross
Administrator
It is a pity Dave but I hope she'll still get plenty of those opportunities and no doubt succeed

If you could can you please include Bob Coulter for both HG and LG for Saturday too, we will be sharing equipment. He won't be shooting the 1000 on Sunday though.

Thanks

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Keith Dowel
I’ll be shooting both classes on Saturday. Same bench as Fred blacker (if he is shooting and if he is not sharing with anyone else). Thanks Dave. Keith

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
Hi Pete and Keith, thanks, done.

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
This post was updated on .
Hi All,
           If your name is not on the below list and you are intending to come to the 2018 Pro-Cal Challenge in Canberra, please let me know.

Updated as at the 15th of September, we currently have 52 people registered taking up 74 spots.

Looking forward to the day.

Cheers.

Dave.

Barry Tucker H L
Ben Ferrarra        H
Bob Coulter        H L
Bob Wright        H L
Brad Coffey L
Brad Gooley L
Brian Taylor L
Brian Wray        H
Callum Groves L
Cameron LeMaitre L
Daniel Taylor L
Dave Groves H
Dave Waters   H
Fred Blacker H L
Geoff Hanson L
Geoff Perdon H L
Glen Aarsen   H L
Glen McCarthy H
Grant Groves H L
Grant McMullen L
Greg Chapman H L
Ian Elliott        H L
Jessica Taylor L
Jim Lyall L
Jodie Travis   H L
John Butts        H L
Keith Dowell H L
Ken Perrin        H L
Les Fraser        H L
Luke Easter        H L
Malcolm Ambrose L
Malcolm Wright H L
Matt Paroz        H
Max Coady L
Merv Chappell L
Michael Bell        H L
Mick Burbidge L
Mick Easton L
Nick Aagren        H L
Peter Cross        H L
Peter Fasitsas H
Peter McDonald H
Rob Bernard        H L
Rob Eager L
Russell LeMaitre H
Scott Newport H L
Sean Ambrose L
Shane Dowling H
Sharon Dowling H
Tim Pavey        H L
Tony Weston H
Tyson Trotter H L

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
Updated competitor list above. Looks like the best attendance we have had in a couple of years.

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Stuart Pethy
thats awesome to see , wish i could make it

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
Hi All,
            Please see attached the bench draw for the Pro-Cal Challenge incorporating the ACT Fly Championships.

Weather is looking great, 1 - 21 degrees forecast for Saturday.

See you all on the range Friday for flag setup and practice and Saturday for the big day.

Targets were drawn up tonight, we still have a few vacancies as you will see, but we have 50 individuals currently using 72 spots which is about a dozen better than our last couple of years if all show up.

Light Gun weigh in from 0815 and I'd like to kick off at 0900, so set up your flags early please to make my life easy!

Cheers.

Dave.

2018_Pro_Cal_Challenge_Bench_Draw.docx

Re: 2018 Pro Cal Challenge & ACT Fly Championships

Joe Duke
Good turnout.  Good Shooting tomorrow.

Joe