2018 National Fly shoot in Perth WA Done and Dusted

2018 National Fly shoot in Perth WA Done and Dusted

Stuart Pethy
Well what a weekend of shooting that's all i can say

A HUGE thank you to Dave Kerr at Target Equipment https://targetequipment.com.au/ for sponsoring us with the door prizes , A Krieger Barrel, Edge Wood rear bag, Plano hard case and 2 soft rifle cases

A massive thanks to everyone who helped out with making the event be so successful, from people cooking the food, to target crew and scorers and the people behind the scene who help organise getting everything together, couldn't of done it with out you

To Dave Groves, Anthony Hall, Michael Bell, Nick Aagren, Vince Vaina, Peter, Judy and Stella Cross unreal effort to fly/drive over for the event, it was fantastic to see all you all again and to see all you shoot so well
 Karen Brosnan and Matt for driving down from Geraldton (about 430km north of Perth) to come and compete in your 1st fly shoot and helping out

Anthony will be posting the results later but there were 2x pending National records broken in the HG, Single Target Score and Smallest Group and 1st ever screamer patch won (haha yes i said it) , (will wait for Anthony to post up results before pics get posted) but a few already have seen it haha
There were also 10x WA State records broken over the weekend out of 13, Great effort guys and Girls
(will post up once scores are up)

The weather gods where on our side with the LG being the hardest day for conditions we had for the weekend, but you couldn't complain about them
The Saturday started out bloody cold (about 4C) but once the sun came up it warmed up quite nicely
the wind picked up from nothing to just 20km/h but dropped off as the day went on , the mirage came out for as the wind dropped off later in the day

Sunday the HG was shot in great conditions with the wind staying around 10 to 15km/h at the most (i think) with just a little bit of mirage every now and then in the sunny conditions

The Monday was meant to have storms and huge winds developing throughout the day and with 5 details i was a little bit worried
But wow what a day the clouds where over all day so no mirage and bugger all to light winds with a little gust every now and then right up to the last detail about 3pm (we started just after 8am), we had some spots of rain every now and then and heard some thunder at times but it stayed away till we finished the shoot then it started to rain
i will say this with 31 shooters 24 scored over 200,
Unreal effort and to Judy Cross who shot her 1st ever 200y RF fly shoot and to do as well as you did was fantastic.. and that group/score

Again a huge thanks to everyone who made this years National shoot a great success and i will be seeing you at next years and will hopefully be bringing a few more this me

Cheers
Pethy

Re: 2018 National Fly shoot in Perth WA Done and Dusted

David Dundas
Hi Stuart

Sounds like a great weekend of shooting with some fantastic scores.
Its a great credit to you and your club for hosting a great event, those that have run matches know how much work goes into it as planning and work started weeks ago to get everything to run smoothly on the weekend.
Great to see so many familiar names from the East coast make the trip west and I am sorry I missed it but I will look forward to getting there next time.
Congratulations to all those who competed and did well.

Again, great work Stuart

Dave

Re: 2018 National Fly shoot in Perth WA Done and Dusted

Stuart Pethy
Thanks Dave

Here is a list of all the State records that were broken on the weekend, well done by everyone we had some great conditions

Light Gun Best Target; Nick Aagren 59.02

Heavy Gun Best Target; Stuart Pethybridge 60.02 and National
Heavy Gun Small Group; Stuart Pethybridge (pending) 0.848" and National
Heavy Gun Total Score, Anthony Hall 256.04

Centrefire 2 Gun; Dave Groves; 496.04

Rimfire Best Target; Michael Bell 58.02
Rimfire Junior Best Target; Stella Cross 55.01
Rimfire Small Group; Anthony Hall 1.338"
Rimfire Total Score; Michael Bell; 269.07
Rimfire Total Score Junior; Stella Cross 237.04

Great work by everyone and well done
and for those who haven't seen it the HG target haha

Re: 2018 National Fly shoot in Perth WA Done and Dusted

Peter Cross
Hi Stuart

I don't think it can be said enough. Thanks to everyone in WA who made us feel so welcome. We had a terrific time and are so glad we flew over.

For those who are interested, here are a few pictures we took on the trip,

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GhbHZPVTT5tbBFaX8

Sorry fella's I just couldn't help myself :D

Re: 2018 National Fly shoot in Perth WA Done and Dusted

Nick Aagren
Administrator
I'll second that Peter.

Belly and I had an adventure driving to and from the competition and Pethy and the WA crew put on  great  Nationals.  Thank you to the WA shooters for your hospitality. When it's their turn to host them again I'd recommend to all eaastern state Fly shooters to make the trip.

Cheers

Nick

Re: 2018 National Fly shoot in Perth WA Done and Dusted

Stuart Pethy
Thanks for the kind words guys, glad you enjoyed yourself and hope all that food has settled haha

great pics there Peter nice work