2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Stuart Pethy
well we finally got a date for the 2018 Fly nationals and i'm putting it here 1st as it has taken longer than i planned
i will be held at The Perth Rifle Metallic Silhouette Club (PRMSC)
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjvhe3mx4rWAhUozoMKHR6xBwcQFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prmsc.org.au%2F&usg=AFQjCNE0GAlAbBtosWhUSi1jibd3mQ8kNA

it will be held over 3 days, 200y RF, LG and HG on seperate days on the 2nd 3rd and 4th of June

more details to come but i needed to get the word out so people can start planning
i will post up more info soon

thanks

Pethy

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Stella
Hi Stuart

We can't wait, Dad has already booked a place to stay. We are going to stay over there for a couple of weeks and make a holiday out of it.

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Stuart Pethy
that's great cant wait
 yes i will be posting up places to stay etc and what you need to do to transport your guns over to WA to keep the cops happy because our laws are crap
i will be going away for the next few weeks (holidays) but when i get back i will be getting everything in order for everyone

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

David Dundas
Hi Stuart

A year ago or so when I herd that the Nationals would be over in WA I thought that I would give it a miss as it would be just too costly for a shoot and hard to justify.  I spoke to Kathy and she thought it would be a great opportunity to visit Perth and the the hinterland and attend the shoot, so it looks like we will come over for atleast a week so we can get around to  see the highlights.  ie Margaret River is a must see.
Be sure to keep us posted on accommodation near the range  and I would be keen to hear from those who have traveled interstate by plane on just what the requirements are on carry firearms and ammo. Obviously need a carry case for both, but how secure does it need to be? Does the case need to meet some industry standard etc.

Cheers,

Dave Dundas

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Peter Cross
G'day Dave,

Good to see you and Kathy are contemplating heading over.  Here are a few links I have found when researching the subject so far.

CARRYING FIREARMS AND/OR AMMUNITION
ON THE QANTAS/JETSTAR GROUP NETWORK

http://tinyurl.com/yconxqce

Looks like you need to acquire a permit when entering WA with firearms. Its a Temporary Permits Form 6 LSF17

https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Police-Direct/Firearms

"Temporary Permits are issued at a cost of $59.00 per month or part there of, and are paid by sending in a cheque or money order made payable to the ‘Commissioner of Police’ and posted to Licensing Enforcement Division, Locked Bag 9. East Perth WA 6892. Once the cheque or money order has been received the temporary permit will be posted out to the recipient with a receipt for the amount paid."

This link should download the LSF17 PDF.

https://tinyurl.com/y7f4qwgj

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Stuart Pethy
Yep David i am sorting out with the new WARA club for camping/caravans as they have a great set up with showers, toilets etc
the WARA club is approx a km or 2 away from our range, its the NEW F class range , they even have a shop there for reloading/rifle cleaning bits/ shooting accessories etc which the care taker runs and will get stuff in if you guys like...
 http://www.wara.asn.au/
I'm even looking into holding the presentations on the sunday arvo/night there as i have been told they have a bar there haha and we can sort out food etc seeing on how many people can make it , but i need to see what we can sort out .. early days atm
but yeah its an awesome set up they have there

i will also post up some links to hotel/apartment rooms in Joondalup approx 10km from range this week

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Rod Davies
I have been looking for  a reason to visit W.A.   Only problem is flying with a 35kg heavy gun. I might have to look into sending guns  and rests by courier maybe????

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

john mc quire
Hello Stuart    I would like to nominate  to shoot in all 3 classes  --  can you tell me how far from the city the range is  and would  I be able to find a holiday unit style accommodation  close to Wanneroo
                  regards    john mc
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Stuart Pethy

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Stuart Pethy
This post was updated on .
anyone wanting to nominate can they please send me an email   s_pethybridge@hotmail.com    and i will put you down

prices per class will be a max $50 but trying to get final figure up soon. and class will be limited to 40 people per class

Friday the 1st will be practice day for C.F.  and flag set up
500m LG will be on the Saturday 2nd June
500m HG will be on the Sunday 3rd June .then 200y RF flag set up and practice
200y RF will be on the Monday 4th June followed by presentations

it will be a WA public long weekend 2nd to 4th June

more information to come and this shoot will be run to the rule book

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Jason Rushton
Hi Stuart,
Mick would like to know if there's a pensioners discount??

Cheers Jason

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Vince V
Brisbane will make an appearance as well !

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Peter Cross
Hi Stuart

It never even dawned on me to ask this question before. Stella and I will be heading over and sharing a rifle for each of the 3 categories, I assume (maybe incorrectly) there will be at least 2 details for each ?

Thanks

Peter.

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Stuart Pethy
yeah Peter there will be 2 details for sure

Also just letting you all know we will be putting on a free BBQ lunch on all 3 days and will be suppling some free water and cool drinks for everyone also

Re: 2018 Fly nationals 2nd, 3th and 4th June Perth WA

Peter Cross
Administrator
Thanks Stuart for the quick response that's good to hear. We are both looking forward to it and free BBQ's makes it even more enticing

Thanks Again