2018 BRT Federal Cup Results

Dave Groves
G'day All,
                  Please find attached the results from the weekend.

A good weekend was had by all (I hope) with the 200yard Rimfire Fly Shoot Sunday well attended by 30 shooters, including 3 Juniors.

Saturday's weather was pleasant, around 30 degrees, a fair bit of mirage to contend with from the B target onwards though.

The 'Dirty Dozen" from Saturday were:

1   Barry Tucker
2   Michael Bell
3   Matt Paroz
4   Geoff Perdon
5   Greg Chapman
6   Russell LeMaitre
7   Brian Taylor
8   Anthony Bending
9   Nick Aagren
10 Dave Groves
11  Ken Perrin
12  Grant Groves

Heavy Gun was won by Matt Paroz with 240.05, 2nd Michael Bell with 237.3 and 3rd to Greg Chapman with 231.03. Greg Chapman had Small Group for Heavy at 1.384" and I got High Scoring Target with a 59, the first time I have managed to shoot 5 x 10's in a Fly Shoot at 500m

Light Gun was won by Barry Tucker with 251.06, 2nd Michael Bell with 244.02 and 3rd Place to Geoff Perdon with 235.02. Chris Parry shot Small Group for Light at 1.17", qualifying him for a Screamer Patch when we produce them, and Barry Tucker had the High Scoring Target for Heavy with a 58.02

Top Junior on Saturday was Stella Cross from Batemans Bay with a 183.02

Sunday was a pleasant day in the high 20's, and with the Rimfire being held at 200y, it was possible to see shots all day with the right optics.

Luke Easter proved that regardless of his claims to the contrary he can both build Rimfire rifles and shoot them well, winning the Rimfire event with 267.03 in front of Chris Parry with 266.05 and Les Fraser with 265.05, two points between the leaders!

John Lavaring from the Central Coast shot a new Canberra and National 200y Rimfire Fly record for group, with a .9345" group and 60.01 for score, breaking both Keegan McGrann's 2016 Batemans Bay record of 1.028" and Anthony Hall's 2016 Fly Nationals record score of 59.02

Top Junior on Sunday went to Callum Groves at his first outing with a 236.04, leading Stella Cross with a 206 and Paris Thomson with a 201.02.

Two Gun for the weekend went to Michael Bell with 504.06 ahead of Barry Tucker with 493.08 and Nick Aagren with 486.03. Further details on the two gun are in the Rimfire results under CF&RF Combined Tab.

Barry Tucker in Australia with a 251.06 beat Danny Henderson in Texas with a 245.03, then Australia lead for about another dozen places. I might ask Anthony Hall to combine the leaderboards again, I think this time we won but if the guys and gals in Texas get a good day with not too much mirage I think there's going to be some great scores shot there.

Thanks again to all who came along to Canberra, we will see you again in September.

Cheers.

Dave Groves.

BRT_Fed_Cup_2018_Master.xlsx

BRT_Fed_Cup_2018_Master.xls

BRT_Fed_Cup_2018_Master_-_Rimfire.xlsx

BRT_Fed_Cup_2018_Master_-_Rimfire.xls

Re: 2018 BRT Federal Cup Results

MikeCockcroft
We accept defeat........ but we will be back on top again!!!!!
Our next match is May 5th. We will give it a go then and see what we can do with our scores.
We lost some shooters after the first match, I believe due to the inability to see the target thru the mirage. Guys not used to shooting this far in the heavy mirage get very frustrated very quickly.
Great shooting over there....
Mike