2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
This post was updated on .
Hi All

SSAA ACT is hosting the 2017 Pro Cal Challenge including the ACT Fly Championships

The shoot will also include an informal postal shoot with Pine Valley Benchrest Club in TEXAS USA! Thanks to Les for putting Mike Cockroft from Pine Valley in contact with us.

When: Saturday 23 September 2017

Where: SSAA ACT Majura Shooting Complex

Light Gun to 17lbs, Heavy Gun unlimited

Five targets plus optional warmer

Fees $55 per class or $95 for both classes

Many Thanks to Luke Easter of Pro-Cal Trading for his sponsorship of the 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge incorporating the ACT Fly Championships.

The Pro-Cal Challenge will be shot in accordance with the SSAA Fly Rulebook.
Pro-Cal Cup for Light Gun winner.  Half Fly Cup for overall winner.  Trophy and medals for Small Group and High Score for both classes.  Fly patches for hits on the fly.  Prizes drawn on competitor number at presentation.

Nominations to actflyshoot@hotmail.com, by COB 19 September 2017.  Please include if you wish to share benches or equipment and with whom. No pre-payment required.

Contact: Dave Groves     0412 118 135

1000yd IBS shoot on Sunday 24th, nominate on the day of the Fly. 1000yds will be shot on electronic targets, no competitor marking necessary.

Re: 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
This post was updated on .
Hi All,
            Nominations received so far (in approximate order of registration)

Tucker
Merriman
LeMaitre
Groves
Lyall
Pavey
Perrin
Dowell
Blacker
Taylor x 3
Ambrose
Easter
Aarsen
Cross x 2
Fraser
B Wright
Stone
Cambridge
M Wright
Easton
Hall
Travis
Waters
Burbidge
Bernard
Lipko
McCarthy
Hansen
Westman
Ball
Gerholt
Coady
Newport
Thomson
Starr
O'Sullivan
Hanlon
Paroz
Ferrara
Genn
Deehan
Bell

Additionally as at 7pm 15/9

Chapman
Arundell
Herbert
Golinski
Eager
Weston
Bailey
Lloyd
McDonald

54 competitors using 69 spots thus far. A few have pulled out and a few more have decided to roll along, looking like it will be a good shoot.

Cheers.

Dave.

Re: 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Rob Eager
Dave, looks like my email did not get to you. Please add the Goulburn crew,
Rob Eager LG
Tony Weston Hg
Richard Bailey HG

Re: 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
Hi Rob, sorry for the late reply, been away for work.

The three of you are booked in.

Cheers

Dave Groves

Re: 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
List updated above!

Re: 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Michael Bell
Administrator
Remember Guys..this is an Australia verses Texas match.
If you look at the competition section in the Forum of the Accurate Shooter web site you'll see there are 4 pages of chat about this match.
They are taking this seriously & it's a great opportunity to help establish 'Fly' shooting in the US.

Bring your "Texas" stuff if you have any...flags, boots anything you can find & we'll get some good pics to send them.

Gunna be fun.

Belly
Michael Bell

Re: 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Michael Bell
Administrator
Just heard the Texans have Aussie flags & all sorts of Aussie bits & pieces to commemorate the occasion & to help with the festive nature of the match........I'll be wearing a relevant T-Shirt in the 28 degree temps..
Anyone else bringing "stuff"??

Belly
Michael Bell

Re: 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Dave Groves
G'day Belly.... I've been shopping...for a Texas flag. Got one.

Re: 2017 Pro-Cal Challenge and ACT Fly Championships

Should be great fun looking forward to it. This might become an international event yet.

cheers see you at the range

Les