2012 SOTY final results

Hi,
Thanks again to Jugsy, the final results for the Shooter Of The Year for 2012 are now on the top of the results page.

Well done to Belly for the Light gun win & Les for the Heavy Gun win.

Well deserved & hard fought !!

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

Peter Varley
Congratulations to Michael and Les for a great result in 2012
peter v

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

well done Belly you truly deserve the win in 2012.....
Welcome to Pete Varley glad to see you on the forum
cheers to all and good shooting over the break
Les

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

Michael Bell
Administrator
Back at you Les!  Is that now 3 in a row??  You're a hard man to beat!
Michael Bell

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

Dave Purcell
Belly well done mate you worked hard for the result and you deserve it.
Les well done (Belly thast 2 LG SOTY in a row for Les you ended that run this year and now 2 HG SOTY in a row for Les someone needs to pull that up next year)
Les you need to lift your game mate and get both back next year Im sure things will be hotly contested

Dave

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

Thanks for the words of support to the SOTY winners for this year.

I would like to open the discussion about the format for NEXT years SOTY i think that 4 shoots from 3 different ranges would suit the majority of shooters.  I will however put it out there that the whole idea of the SOTY is to get shooters to travel if we go down this path then some shooters will not attend all the ranges. EG 2 at Batemans 2 at canberra and your done for SOTY results i am not saying this is a bad thing but this year shooters travelled everywhere in the hunt for SOTY.

just my 2c worth

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

john mc quire
Hi Les    i t looks like people don't like to travel long ways to these SOTY shoots
                 if you want shoters to come to these shoots   why not offer a bonus to the shooterss who do travel
                the long distances   --- if a victorian traveled to townsville for a shoot  that should get him a bonus
                 of some sorts  ---    and i still think that to be shooter of the year  you should attend a shoot in each state
                         just my 2 c  worth
                  john mc quire
  Every Shot inside the Eight Ring would be GREAT

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

Hi All,

While I agree that the idea is to encourage people to travel, the best four results from four ranges format left too many people out of the running.....

The reward (or bonus if you prefer) for those that do travel to all the shoots, is that they have more shoots to draw their four best results from.... and potentially having a win or place in more that the required number of shoots, restricting others from overtaking them.....

I think that if more people qualify, you might find that towards the end of the year, when there are a lot of shoots all very close together (and numbers drop because of this), people might suddenly notice that with a good result in Melbourne and or Brisbane in November they could be in contention, you might actually end up with more people making the trip to these two shoots.....

The rest of us will get to as many shoots as family and business schedules allow anyway and those that can will get to all the shoots.

My vote is for best four results from any 3 ranges to qualify.

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

yeh i do agree with what Anthony has said. I would vote best four results from Three ranges it is all about getting as many shooters to events as possible. SOTY this year would have been possibly a different result had more shooters travelled not so in LG but certainly in Heavy.

cheers Les

Re: 2012 SOTY final results

Stuart Elliott
Congrats to 'Bellie" and Les. Rewards for effort put in. No pain, no gain. Do the travel.

Stuart Elliott
Every shot pleases somebody..........