200M Fly at Silverdale today

Keith Dowel

Who beat her husband by 15 points today and had the smallest group and pb score of 59.1 but still didn't win and had fun all the same????

Re: 200M Fly at Silverdale - Full Results April

David Dundas
Thanks for posting the group Keith, I wanted to get a photo before we left.

Match Report

The weather was kind to us today and we had a fantastic turn up with 12 Fly shooters. Conditions started out very light but by 10am the wind had strengthen and was changing direction during the last 3 details which tested the shooters.
Sue Dowell had the higest scoring target (59.1) and the best group of about 1.5 inches all in the 10 ring – very well done Sue. Ed McGrann shot the most Flies today bagging 7 in all.
Thanks to John Gilbert who ran the shoot today, this allowed me to relax a bit and take my time in the tricky conditions, results below.

1st   David Dundas 273.5
2nd    Ed McGrann 269.7
3rd   Lee McGrann 251.4
4th   John Harris 245.2
5th   Karl Kuehn 242.5
6th Jaegan Peet   239.6
7th  Sue Dowel         235.1
8th Fred Blacker        233.3
9th Louise Wren        232.2
10 James Sutton 229.3
11th Keith Dowell 220.3
12th Richard Paine 172.2

It was great to see a couple of old friends back on the firing line with Jaegan Peet and Lee McGrann today as well as some of the Silverdale Range staff in Fred Blacker and James Sutton.

Wishing our shooters well for the upcoming nationals in Melb later in the month.

Regards

Dave Dundas

Re: 200M Fly at Silverdale today

John 23 Harris
Very satisfying day shooting.

Different wind direction than normal and a chance to shoot in the stronger constant wind opposed to the normal patchy right winds and fish tails .
I would be happy to see more of this wind at Silverdale.

Awesome seeing so many rifles on the line up.

Keen to do a 10 detail match to see the afternoon conditions !!!

Thanks to Dave Dundas for the event organisation and a special to John English for running the event.